Skip to main content

Fakeaway NANDOS

Well I love a Chee.... no I won’t say it!! I love Nandos!! The Macho peas are my dream side! So I just had to make my own! Obv Slimming World friendly OBVs! I also made spicy rice too !! Here is my seriously easy syn free recipe for both of them.....

P.s The chicken breast was done with Nando's marinade(1/2 Syn for one level table spoon) and cooked in foil in the oven for 25 mins. Oh and I added my own little flag for the real Nando's vibe. 

Fakeaway Nando’s


 Macho peas 

Ingredients

Frozen peas 
Few fresh mint leaves (thanks to my mum who had some growing in her herb garden) 
1 tsp Lazy chilli or fresh chilli, whatever you have will do
Squeeze of Lemon juice
Salt and Pepper

Method 

1. Boil the frozen peas in some boiling water till tender.
2. Finely chop the mint 
3. Place the mint, chili and lemon juice in a bowl and combine together
4. Add the peas to the mint/chilli dressing and mash the peas slightly, making sure to completely cover them in the dressing
5. Serve in a cute Nando's style dish (optional) you can also just wack it on the plate




Spicy Ricey

Ingredients 

Plain rice (i used boil in the bag because its just easier)
Frylight
Peppers
Onions
Paprika 
Lazy chilli(again or fresh)
Tumeric
Cumin
Salt & pepper

1. Boil the rice according to packet instructions
2. Spray some Frylight in a pan and add the onions, peppers, chilli and spices
3. Fry till tender 
4. When the rice is cooked empty into the frying pan and combine, season with salt and pepper
5. Again serve in a cute dish.





Comments